Wondering what activities you should do in Destin over the 4th of July? Look no further, because we’ve got 15 great ideas for you. If you’ve been to Destin before, you already know the basics. However, if you are a newbie, you are in for an exciting week!
First and foremost on everyone’s mind is where to watch fireworks on the 4th. In 2019, there are several options: Destin Commons, Destin Harborwalk Village, Baytowne, and Okaloosa Island.
1. Destin Commons: FREE July 3rd 5:00 Get things started early with the Smoke the Coast BBQ cook-off in Destin Commons. Following Smoke the Coast BBQ cook-off is the fireworks show at 9:30.
2. Okaloosa Island Boardwalk: FREE Wednesday July 3rd at 9:00 1450 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Bring a towel, blanket or beach chair
3. Destin Harborwalk Village: FREE Thursday July 4th Festivities on the Harbor begin at 7:00 with entertainment. Live music features Eli Hannon and The Manly Hero. Fireworks kick off around 9:00. Some of the best places to watch the fireworks include; the patios of restaurants on the Harborwalk, Noriego Point, the Jetties and the Bridge. Capping off the night at 9:30 is a fire spinning show. Keep in mind that many of these viewing points require some walking. Also remember that parking at Harborwalk Village is $10.
4. Baytowne Wharf: FREE July 4th The Red, White and Baytowne Festival kicks off at 7:00, with fireworks shooting over the lagoon at 9:15. During the festival, kids can play on the inflatables, get faces painted, and play lawn games.
5. Bike Parade: FREE July 2nd 4:45 The City of Destin hosts this annual bike parade at the Destin Elementary Track, for children 14 and younger. Registration begins at 4:45, followed by the parade at 5:30. Prizes are awarded for various categories in each age division. Decorate your bikes, scooters or wagons and join the fun!
6. Smoke on the Coast: $1+ July 3rd 5:00 This annual BBQ charity cook-off is held at Destin Commons from 5-9:30 and is followed by fireworks. Activities include shopping, food, family entertainment and live music. Tastings are $1 each. Participants vote for their favorite food. Sample from the 18 local restaurants and BBQ groups who are competing for the coveted People’s Choice Award. Live music provided by Forrest Williams Band and Heritage Band.
7. The Trak: Daily 9 a.m. -11 p.m. Go Karts, mini golf and So much more. Located just down the street from Sandnsol, at 1125 Highway 98 East, Destin, Florida 32541 For pricing: https://funatthetrack.com/pages/destin-location
Beach and Water Activities
8. Big Kahuna’s Water Park: Daily 10-6 Special Declaration Celebration July 4-7th When you are tired of the sand (gasp), cool off at this family friendly water park. Activities include All-American Buffet, Hot dog and Pie eating contest, Frozen t-shirt contest, and Flag raising ceremonies. As seen in the picture, Sandnsol is right across the street! They have rides for all ages. Get your discount tickets here: https://bigkahunas.com/discounts
9. Crab Island: Rent a Pontoon, jetski, or water taxi and get to the coolest floating party around. Around high tide, head out to the submerged sandbar on the bay side of the Destin bridge. Hang out with thousands of your closest friends. It will be crowded, so pack your patience along with your cooler. We’ve had good luck with Boogie’s Watersports and Gillligan’s, but there are several great options.
10. Jetski: For the adrenaline junkie, this is another favorite activity of vacationers and locals.
11. Paddle Board/Kayak: Available on site at Sandnsol, our guests can rent these for an hour or two right on the beach. If your complex does not have them, just walk up or down the beach and you will find a place that does.
12. Fishing Charter: Another option is to enjoy some of the best deep sea fishing around. Private and group charters are available.
13. Parasail: Get a bird’s eye view of the beautiful Emerald Coast or the Chocktawatchee Bay. Just Chute Me, Boogie’s and Luther’s are a good place to start.
For the Adults
14. Live Music: In the evening, there are plenty of options for live music all week. Boathouse and AJ’s each have several artists scheduled this first week of July. See a Tim McGraw Tribute band AJ’s Tuesday night, or get your fill of Beatles, Blues, and rock with Phil and Foster at Lulu’s Saturday.
15. Coyote Ugly’s Independence Day Red White And Booze Bash Weekend July 4th -6th. Starting Thursday night, Coyote Ugly has drink specials, Dj’s and giveaways.
It’s never too early to book next year’s trip, consider locking in Sandnsol now! Book your 2020 dates by July 15th 2019, for this year’s rates https://sandnsol.com/availability-and-rates/
Written by Stacyloux of Sandnsol Destin Vacation Rentals
#Destin #4thofJuly #4thofJulyDestin #Sandnsol #destinvacationrental #fireworks #destinfireworks #tododestin #oceanfrontcondo #coyoteugly #parasail #boogieswatersports #gilligansdestin #lulusDestin #AJsoysterbar #boathousedestin #crabisland #jetski #destinharbor #harborwalkvillage #okaloosaisland #okaloosaboardwalk #baytownewharf #lulusdestin #timmcgraw #smokeonthecoast #bikeparade #bigkahunas #thetrakdestin #destincommons #livemusicdestin